Roles and Responsibilities
- Will be responsible for the sourcing of allocated materials and other consumables and their delivery to plants considering costs, production schedules and inventory management
- In line with strategic objectives, lead the negotiations to select, appoint and steer a supply base that progresses the company objectives on quality, cost, delivery, and innovation.
- Work with internal stakeholders to define requirements for sourcing objectives.
- Devise ways and means to maximize commodity buying efficiency and minimize risks.
- Evaluate competitive offers and present sourcing options that meet business requirements.
- Ensure all selected suppliers are compliant to service level agreements.
- Conduct in depth cost and spend analysis in order to develop cost savings initiatives through various cost reduction options.
- Carry out administrative responsibilities that effectively manage projects and contracting activities.
- Lead and expedite vendor selection and purchasing decisions through appropriate competitive bid and strategic sourcing processes (leverage practices, bundling tools, etc)
- Achieve all cost reduction savings targets defined as per KPI target.
- Monitor manage and report on achievements on key purchasing indicators in line with department requirements.
- Identify industry trends and market development for respective categories.
- Responsible for gathering relevant benchmark data, and supply market intelligence.
Desired Candidate Profile
- Comprehensive understanding of Indirect material, construction materials such as Steel, Copper, and machined parts, and Chemicals & Gases
- Capable of leading negotiations for high value contracts.
- Strong knowledge of the key aspects of the RFI/RFQ sourcing process.
- Ability to understand value streams, cost drivers and how to break down cost structures.
- Ability to understand and develop legal contracts.
- Results driven, self- starter, problem solver with proven ability to drive projects to a successful conclusion.
- Team oriented and excellent communication skills are essential.
- Proficient in SAP-MM Module.
- Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft office products with an emphasis on Advance Excel and Power Point.
- Basic Qualifications: BE/B. Tech / Graduate.
- Preferred Qualifications: Professional Certifications in Procurement / Material Management.
- Minimum of 10 years of proven experience in Procurement / Purchase
- Strategic buying experience in a manufacturing / project environment.
Perks and Benefits
Salary: Not Disclosed by Recruiter
Functional AreaProcurement & Supply Chain
Role CategoryStores & Material Management
Employment Type:Full Time, Permanent
UG:B.Tech/B.E. in Any Specialization
EXIDE INDUSTRIES LTD
We are India's oldest & No.1 Storage Battery Technology Company with a turnover of Rs.8598 crores. We are the market leaders in both the Automotive &; Industrial Sectors. Our products range from Motorcycle Batteries to Submarine Batteries. We have nine factories, which are strategically located across India. To be easily accessible to our customers, we operate from nine regional offices and 40 branch offices. We also have our own R&D Centre in Kolkata.
Contact Company:EXIDE INDUSTRIES LTD
Address:59E,,EXIDE HOUSE,CHOWRINGHREE ROAD,CHOWRINGHEE, KOLKATA, West Bengal, India