Roles and Responsibilities
- Minimum 12-15 years of related experience in leading EHS function of manufacturing plant.
- Experience in working ETP , STP & ZLD.
- Certified professional Lead Auditor in ISO 14001 /45001 Certification.
- Proven track record of building technical capability and roadmaps, mentoring and coaching junior team members on technical matters.
- Experience in leading EHS with multiple stakeholders in matrix organization and strong Manufacturing management experience is required.
- Exceptionally strong technical knowledge in the field of environment and sustainability.
- Advance MS Excel, or good knowledge of MS Office.
- Excellent communications skills. A high degree of aptitude, creativity is required. Should have demonstrated skills in EHS management etc.
- Strong Environmental compliances , evaluating environmental impact.
- Assessing how a site complies with environmental regulations
- Using mathematical techniques and computer modelling to assess or forecast past, present and future environmental problems
- Designing, developing, testing and implementing technical solutions which will help organizations actively reduce their negative impact on the environment.
- Interpreting data
- Keeping abreast of legislative changes in environmental law
- Identification and consideration of potential contaminant sources
- Obtaining and maintaining plans, permits and standard operating procedures.
- Implementing environmental policies and practices
- Devising strategies to meet targets and to encourage best practice.
- Devising the best tools and systems to monitor performance and to implement strategies.
- Ensuring compliance with environmental legislation
- Assessing, analyzing and collating environmental performance data and reporting information to internal staff, clients and regulatory bodies
- Confirming that materials, ingredients and so on are ethically or environmentally sourced.
- Preparation of EHS manual (EHSM) in coordination with Corporate EHS.
- Maintenance and control of records related to EHSM
- Implementation of SOPs. Conduct EHSM audit . REPORTING TO MANAGEMENT
- Drive safety mindset at factory to eradicate unsafe acts, unsafe conditions, near misses and implement 100% PPE usage
- Influence plant leadership on fulfilment of green-cover, emission, etc all kinds of environment norms
- Work with HR on employee health issues and statutory compliance
- Implement OSHAS, HIRA, LOTO, etc..
- Emergency preparedness & response planning. Liaoning with Govt. authorities.
- Attending complaints from regulatory authorities. Ensure compliance . Handling & investigating non-conformities, taking actions to mitigate impacts & completing corrective , preventive actions.
- Conduct training on EHS.
- Implement EHS Capex projects in factory.
- Support factory on all EHS issues to de- risk Factory manager and Occupier.
- Facilitating the concerned departments in planning and organizing measures necessary for the effective control of personal injuries.
- Facilitating on safety aspects in all job studies and to carry out detailed job safety studies of selected jobs.
- Checking and evaluating the effectiveness of the action taken or proposed to be taken to prevent personal injuries.
- Advising the purchasing and stores departments in ensuring high quality and availability of personal protective equipment.
- Advising on matters relating to carry out of plant safety inspections.
- Carrying out plant safety inspections in order to observe the physical conditions of work and the work practices and procedures followed by workers and to render advice on measures to be adopted for removing the unsafe physical conditions and preventing unsafe action by workers.
- Rendering assistance on matter relating to reporting and investigation of industrial accidents and occupational diseases.
- Investigating all accidents and near-miss incidents.
Desired Candidate Profile
Perks and Benefits
Role:Environment Health and Safety - Other
Salary: Not Disclosed by Recruiter
Functional AreaEnvironment Health & Safety
Role CategoryEnvironment Health and Safety - Other
Employment Type:Full Time, Permanent
UG:B.Tech/B.E. in Any Specialization
EXIDE INDUSTRIES LTD
We are India's oldest & No.1 Storage Battery Technology Company with a turnover of Rs.10000 crores. We are the market leaders in both the Automotive &; Industrial Sectors. Our products range from Motorcycle Batteries to Submarine Batteries. We have nine factories, which are strategically located across India. To be easily accessible to our customers, we operate from nine regional offices and 40 branch offices. We also have our own R&;D Centre in Kolkata.
Contact Company:EXIDE INDUSTRIES LTD
Address:59E,,EXIDE HOUSE,CHOWRINGHREE ROAD,CHOWRINGHEE, KOLKATA, West Bengal, India