Roles and Responsibilities
Plans, procures and maintains plastic moulds needed to support production requirements.
- Identify and empanel vendors in India and Abroad.
- ZBC, Lead vendor negotiations, recommend vendor selection and implement standard procurement process while ensuring maximum value for the business and release of PO
- Introduce latest technology and benchmark processes for enhanced quality and reduced cost. Monitor and analyse vendor performance on an ongoing basis
- Maintain database and protocol for ongoing vendors.
- Day to day interactions with vendors for trouble shootings, latest technology, price, quality & delivery issues etc.
- Maintain moulds belonging to Exide.
- Responsible for analysing and solving the problem related Moulds, part quality and efficiency.
- Oversee all work through the tool room efficiently and cost effectively and ensure that all target dates for tooling are met
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
Work as part of the team to share ideas and improve operation, recommending, supporting and implementing continuous improvement activities and process and procedure improvements to optimise results and improve quality of delivery in line with Company and Customer requirements
Desired Candidate Profile
Candidate should have good working Knowledge in Mould Design
- Good knowledge of manufacturing processes and material used in mould manufacturing.
- Ability to study & comprehend 2d/3d drawings of parts and moulds.
Knowledge of GD&T
Desired knowledge in SAP MM Module Candidate should have hands on experience in MS - Excel, Power Point - With Expert level of usage, Internet savvy.
- Effective Communication skills and Customer focus
- Inter personal skills and ability to co- ordinate with Quality, production, planners and other stakeholders
- Analytical skill, Meticulous and perfection oriented
Qualifications and Experience
Engineering Graduate (Min.) Mandatory Diploma / Degree from Plastic & Tooling Institute like CIPET, DITE, CITD, NTTF etc
- 14-20 years in similar function/ industry Working knowledge in Mould Design and
Role:Research & Development - Other
Salary: Not Disclosed by Recruiter
Functional AreaResearch & Development
Role CategoryResearch & Development - Other
Employment Type:Full Time, Permanent
UG:Diploma,B.Tech/B.E. in Any Specialization
EXIDE INDUSTRIES LTD
Contact Company:EXIDE INDUSTRIES LTD
Address:59E,,EXIDE HOUSE,CHOWRINGHREE ROAD,CHOWRINGHEE, KOLKATA, West Bengal, India